If you didnt know this or like me just assumed that Blogger.com or blogspot.com blogs are optimized for search engines , you are in for a shock . After using 3 different free SEO scoring tools on my blog, i got that my site's SEO score was 8/100 - 25/100 . I couldnt believe that google doesn't tune blogger themes to be SEO friendly by default. Below is a tip on how to check if your site is fundamentally geared for search engine spiders to index it.
Top reasons i switched templates:
- Sensational should be more SEO friendly than my previos theme,
- responsive design (previously i had separately a mobile theme , and a desktop theme).
For the past year or so i have been running bloggers "dynamic templates" that have awesome layouts, and also allow you to use the "Template Designer" tool to adjust layout widths and colors of the theme.
One easy way to test wether or not your blogger theme or other blog tool is SEO friendly is to take a look at your blog the way a search engine spider sees it. Here is an easy trick that anyway can do in 2 minutes:
1. On your mac , open spotlight (pro tip: Command spacebar short cut to launch spotlight), and search for "Terminal"
2. Launch Terminal , and in the shell type in a simple CURL command:
3. "curl -i "http://www.fortechiesonly.com"
4. Make sure you curl the right website path with www if you have your content set to the www path.
5. CURL specific urls of posts to see how an individual post is returned to googles indexer