This is a copy of a post on http://www.iplacemarks.com/blog but i think its worth reposting here too.
Would love to get any and all feedback. Thanks. Enjoy.
here is a link to the original post: http://iplacemarks.com/blog/?p=18
Carpe Diem: iPlacemarks v1.0 is going Live
January 27th, 2009
The day is finally here http://www.iPlacemarks.com just shed its teaser page and has put up a LIVE version of the worlds first Placemarks. We are bringing to you:
- the Chevron Placemark button (finds Chevron gas stations)
- the Starbucks Placemark button (finds Starbucks coffee stores)
- The Antibucks Placemark button
(finds coffee shops that are not starbucks)
- The Jamba Juice Placemark button (finds Jamba Juice stores)
I am very proud to say that we made it to this point at a pretty brisk pace.
From the inception of the idea, what i call the “napkin phase”. All the way to launching this LIVE versionit has taken us 1 month and 12 days.
If i do say so myself thats a rapid start up cycle. Its not trivial to go through a complete idea to launch cycle in such a short amount of time. There are quiet a few steps along the way:
1. figure out an idea
2. plan it
3. design it
4. execute it
5. convince your self you have several viable business models
6. Blog about it
7. Make sure to fit Xmas and New Years holiday into it (as well as a pretty big relocation for one of us )
Anyways. Check out the new iPhone site for iPlacemarks.com. We are finally unleashing the fruits of our ridiculous R&D resources and armies of mad scientists.
To check it all out point your mobile safari to http://www.iplacemarks.com
Then click on a Placemark button and add it to your iPhone’s home screen in 3 clicks.
We hope you guys like these really simple but really useful buttons we made. Add them to your homescreen, share them with your friends via email, and send us your suggestions about what other Placemarks you want.